Welcome to Chiswick Scottish!
Affiliated to the Royal Scottish Country Dance Society
Next Sunday's dancing - 21 January 2018
This coming Sunday, Debbie McLachlan returns to Chiswick Scottish to take us through some of the dances on the Burns Night programme as well as other dances of her choice.
Here's the flyer for Burns Night - pdf Burns Night programme
Further details, a link to the dance list on the SCD Database, as well as cribs and diagrams, are on the Diary Dates page for Sunday 28th January.
CSCDC September 2017 Newsletter
Our September Newsletter has now been published. You can downbload a copy here:
Welcome to our new website!
You will, we hope, have noticed our new-look website which has been developed with input from the Club Committee. We hope that you will find it more pleasing to use.
There are some of the familiar functions as before:
- Diary Dates on the right-hand side of the Home page if you just want quick information about a particular day’s dancing.
If you click on the title of an event in the diary dates, you will see more details about the event, and links to ‘My Strathspey’ dance lists as well as flyers, cribs and diagrams to print out.
- A Contacts page for communicating with the Club officers,
- A page with general information about our classes and events,
- The Links page to our Chiswick Dancers’ Channel and other Scottish dancing organisations.
- We also have some pages to explain to newcomers what to expect and how to join us, as well as a new Club Calendar page which will be populated bit by bit. Our Home page now features updates on Club news and events and also shows our latest tweets to keep you up to date with things Chiswick Scottish.
There is more to come in the future, but one particularly welcome facility is that the new site works better when displayed on a smartphone or tablet.
We hope you like it!
Magic - that's what it was!
On Sunday 25th June, Midsummer Magic - our annual open-air picnic dance on the lawn at Chiswick House - closed our Scottish dancing term with a sparkle.
The lively music of the Craigievar Dance Band lured us all out onto the lawn to dance, while Rachel Wilton and Ken Martlew kept us all in order with their helpful MC-ing.
The weather was sunny and warm, the company was excellent and we had yet another wonderfully enjoyable evening of Scottish dancing with members, friends and visitors from other clubs.